Friday, December 16, 2005

Dr. Weezie Tagged Me

Read THIS first. I’ll play along out of a sense of duty, but I’m not tagging anyone else so there.

1. When I am late, I gradually lose my ability to logically and mathematically reason a course of action. If, for example, I miss my bus, I reason that I can catch the next one, or get a cab. And then I think, I can combine the two, get the bus to a certain point and then get a cab, to save money. But I have to get money first, and then I have to walk 15 minutes to catch the bus, and the bus leaves in 13 minutes, but somehow, I think I might be able to make it and still save money, so I walk, sometimes run, not entirely sure of how it will all fit together, but somehow convinced that my moving will bring me closer to getting to work on time.

2. I keep things that I will never use and don't really like because I think it might have value to someone somewhere. Lots of times I try to figure out a way to sell these items, but not always. I'm also happy giving things away to people who will also value them. I just find it very VERY hard to throw things out. It might have a use, value, something that I hadn't considered. And worse, if it's something like underwear, I have to replace it!!!

3. I continually pretend to swing an imaginary baseball bat, or pitch and imaginary ball when I am waiting for something. I do this in malls, at work, in someone's living room, anywhere really. I do different players, trying to figure out how their swing/wind up works. My favourites: Ichiro, Hideo Nomo, Dontrell Willis and Freddy Garcia.

4. I can't just watch a TV show on my own anymore. I have to be doing something else. I usually watch stuff on my computer, so I'm chatting, scowering ebay, reading about the latest baseball trade/free agent rumours, all while a television show that I love is playing in one corner of the screen. I don't have the attention span anymore. I try, I do. I maximize the show so it covers the whole screen, and then I squirm and shift, I think of something else I should do, and keep squirming until finally I can't handle it and go do whatever it is I thought of. That usually takes 10 minutes or less, if I'm not eating or sorting through papers or something.

5. If I can't sleep, I imagine one of two story lines in my head. One is like a scene from Alien, where the team is creeping through a big, dark tunnel, looking for the Alien. Each one is carrying a machine gun (I am one of the team) and the only sound is the slow, constant drip of water. The other is like a scene from Thin Red Line. A team of WWII soldiers is creeping it's way across a field of tall grass. They are couched or crawling. It's a sunny day and the only sound is of birds singing and crunch of ground beneath the soldiers. I'm usually asleep before any action happens.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked two and three, they made me laugh out loud. At least baseball makes sense with you though. You love baseball, watch it, read about it play it. For though. I make no sense. I shoot hoops. WHY!! I don't even really like basketball. The only time I watch it is on morning sports and then all I really care about is dunks which I am nowhere near tall enough to accomplish. I also don't play basketball and even when I do actually shoot hoops, I'm terrible at it. I love sports and consider myself an all around good athlete when it come to most sports. But instead of pretending to play any of the sport I'm good at I shoot hoops.

When I can't go to sleep its more special forces like. I'm on some covert mission and considering I actually read silly Tom Clancy stuff, I have tons of new and different situations I think of each time, often reading about a new one before I go to bed. I remember the first time I found out you did this too.

It also reminds me of 1. shooting ceiling fans in church so they will come down and chop peoples heads off while they are praying (alas my current church has no ceiling fans) and 2. imagining dad while he was on the platform with the pastors running across and taking out one of the crazy's that comes up front during the service.

p.c

11:54 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home