Thursday, March 08, 2007

“…patience, yeah, yeah”

Soundtrack[CLICK HERE]

I have a friend at work who asks me what’s new every week. Every week I say the same thing. Same old same old. Waiting. For everything.

Waiting to hear back from Universities is a major thing I’m waiting. My future is in the hands of admissions committees around the country.

I have heard back from one university so far (didn’t get in) and it was my safety university (the one you apply to, even though you don’t really like it, because you are sure it’s a slam dunk). They didn’t like my academic background.

And in the meantime I just bide my time. That’s what it feels like.

I suppose, technically, I am not JUST waiting. I am doing things in the meantime. I’m still working on my novel (well, starting again after a marking interlude of a couple of weeks). I even joined a writers group lately. I am TAing a class (thus the marking) But it all feels like different ways to pass the time while I wait.

Because, whether I get into the local school, a further away school, or no school, there will be dramatic changes. I can’t work another year at the McLibrary. I almost applied for lower paying jobs in the library system a couple of weeks ago, but decided to stay. I do, after all, have a trip to England in the summer to pay for, and if I do get into school I will need all the money I can get. So I bide my time.

Wait.

I hate waiting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home